What would a Gigabit Broadband mean for your business?
- Faster Internet Access
- Unlimited data usage
- Free installation (up to £3,000 via the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport)
- Download speeds starting at 100Mbit/s
Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme
Full fibre broadband connections offer the fastest and most reliable speeds available, and the government is committed to a vision of a full fibre Britain. As part of this commitment in March 2018 a £67 million Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme was announced.
The Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme is part of the Local Full Fibre Networks programme, which has the strategic objective of increasing full fibre coverage across the UK. If you are a small or medium sized business, you may be able to get a gigabit voucher worth up to £3,000 to upgrade your business broadband to a fast and reliable connection over gigabit capable infrastructure.
Are you eligible?
• The scheme is available for small and medium sized businesses*
• You have not received more than the permitted amount of de minimis aid
(€200 000) in the last 3 years
• All connections supported by the scheme must be capable of
delivering broadband connectivity to your premises at/or above
1Gb/s upload/download and min 100Mbit/s to your premises
• The connection is for your business premise
How do the vouchers work?
Businesses that are eligible for gigabit vouchers can access the scheme through a supplier.
The chart below shows the step-by-step process that each voucher recipient will go through to activate their voucher:
One gigabit is the same as 1,000 megabits – so it’s a big leap forward in connection speeds that could benefit you and your business in the future.
* A small to medium sized business is defined as one that employs fewer than 250 people and has an annual turnover not exceeding €50 million, and/or an annual balance sheet total not exceeding €43 million. This includes sole traders.