The STEM (Steps to Environmental Management) accreditation confirms the green credentials of Cavendish and their commitment to the environment.
Businesses benefit from attaining certification by reducing environmental costs through removing inefficiencies and it also helps prepare businesses for attaining the Carbon Trust Standard, BS 8555 or ISO 14001.
The accreditation scheme is run by Kent County Council and involves attending workshops and using their online resources like the webinar. In order to achieve the Blue level of STEM, Cavendish had to prove;
- Top level management commitment to the environmetal policy.
- Completion of a baseline environmental assessment.
- Identification of significant environmental impacts.
- Complete a draft Environmental Policy.
- Collate environmental performance data.
Cavendish HR Manager Nicola Calladine (pictured 5th from left) attended the workshop and completed the necessary work in order to attain the certification. Nicola said ‘Cavendish are committed to providing products and services that are environmentally responsible. Our customers can be sure that when they purchase solutions from us, they will have the minimum environmental impact possible.’