Brick by brick – For a bigger, better theatre
We are pleased to be able to support Brighton Little Theatre for the first time this year who are looking for sponsors to fund the refurbishment of the place.
About the Project
Brighton Little Theatre was founded in 1940 and they pride themselves on giving audiences great value, high quality theatre. Since the theatre’s inception, they have staged over 700 productions to theatre goers in Brighton and Hove.
Their permanent home is 9, Clarence Gardens. The building has seen some changes since 1940, chiefly the opening up of the ground floor and the installation of toilet facilities. However, that was many years ago.
Over the last year they have undertaken a thorough review of our available space to see how they might optimise its use.
This review included:
- a two-storey extension at the rear of the theatre to release valuable space on the ground floor bar area providing more space for our audiences and a better space for people to work in, including the children at their weekly Youth Group sessions;
- the provision of modern dressing room facilities on the first floor;
- an upgrade to our toilets;
- a new technical area (for use as a lighting and sound box);
- providing easier access into and through the auditorium, improving the comfort of customer seating by providing more leg room, as well as giving them better sight lines onto the stage.
If you would like to hear more about our charity events, please contact us on 0800 206 2107 or email us at email@example.com.